[CMC] CMC Action Item from Noordwijk

T. Shigeta shigeta.tsutomu at jaxa.jp
Wed Jul 2 08:24:35 EDT 2014

Dear CMC Members,

This is to provide JAXA response to the Action CMC-A-2014-04-05.

Regarding the Roadmap created by Miro-san, JAXA agree with the approach
to develop the Roadmap and keep updating it as appropriate. We consider
that Roadmap would benefit us in the following points:

* Facilitates understanding the whole CCSDS activities, which is also
effective when making reports to IOAG and to other stakeholders.

* Facilitates timeline management which is not expressly covered by the
Strategic Plan or by the CESG reports.

* Grouping/mapping of projects (existing and those in production), under
each Area goal, gives us (and to external entities) sense of priority in
regard to time management and resource allocation.

* Since the draft is already in place, upgrading/updating the draft at
each CMC meeting would not be a too heavy workload but would improve our
(CMC members') awareness on the latest status at general.

As for the Strategic Plan, I have tried to understand the whole
structure of it, while I am still not clear on the following points;

** Where those projects in red came from?
Are those projects in red listed on a specific document or a collection
of inputs from each Area Director/WG? I would like to know how those
"Future Work" projects were picked. (while the some of the projects
listed on Service Catalogs are not yet in the Strategic Plan)

** How or where is "milestone ID" such as "MIL-MOIMS-205" managed?
  Is there a table where those IDs and projects are both listed?

Just a minor correction: on page 23, under SOIS-Goal 2, Informational
Reports in Production CWE Doc. 880.0-G-1 would probably 880.0-G-"2"??

If these have been clarified earlier, let me feel sorry.

Regards  --- Shigeta