[CMC] CCSDS presentation to IOP

Juan.Miro at esa.int Juan.Miro at esa.int
Tue May 7 12:47:52 EDT 2013

Mike ansd all,

please find my comments on the IOP-3 presentation:

   chart #9: the third and 4th bullet do not have t do with CCSDS management
   approach; policies for security, patents etc. are normal work for this
   kind of organisations; SANA is perhaps a service rendered by CCSDS but not
   a management approach. I suggest to remove these two bullets. On th other
   hand, chart 17 shows the schedule and "plan" for CCSDS and in my view it
   belongs to the management aspects so I would move that chart forward:
   insert it after #9 or integrate it with chart #9 (at least the schedule
   part of the chart), the # of books per year could go in a separate chart)
   chart #10: replace "How standards are currently used"by "Areas of
   Application of the Std"
   chart #11: add "agility"to future remote sensing missions; move Human
   Expeditions to future;
   chart #12: this chart gives the impression that the whole strategy of
   CCSDS is driven by IOP, which is not correct. I suggest to chage the title
   of the chart to "CCSDS Strategic Goals in Response to IOP". If possible
   change the formulation of goal ! to match the others, i.e. Towards...
   chart #14; dates to be added
   chart #16: add a bullet (or replace the last one, which is repeated in the
   Conclusions chart) with the challenge: "Current funding levels do not
   allow to cover all the intended work items, e.g. in the area of Cross
   Support Services"
   chart #19: what is the full name of " CSTS F-Frame"? the reason for "not
   started" should be given: is it just a delay? in which case it does not
   deserve mention in the Conclusions chart or is there a problem of funding
   of agreement?

Regards
Juan