[CMC] Changes in CCSDS representation

Kearney, Mike W. (MSFC-EO01) mike.kearney at nasa.gov
Thu Jul 11 17:10:25 EDT 2013

Dear CMC Colleagues:  There have been some recent changes in the CMC membership, and this note is to officially announce them to the CMC team.

Siamak (Mak) Tafazoli has replaced Leo Hartman as the CSA lead representative to CCSDS.  We are sorry to see Leo go, and we will miss Leo's participation and always-creative inputs to the CMC actions and processes.  Please join me in welcoming Mak to the CMC team.  His qualifications are excellent (his bio is online), and he has already given the Secretariat enthusiastic support as we have discussed the upcoming CMC meeting in Montreal in December.  We're looking forward to working with Mak in the long-term.

Rusheng Zhang, who has participated in our CMC meetings already, has officially replaced Cheng Wang as the CNSA delegate to CCSDS.  I want to thank Cheng Wang for his lively participation in the past, and for being the first CNSA member to join our team... an historic position.  We are always sorry to see a colleague like Cheng Wang depart, so we offer our thanks for his groundbreaking support from CNSA.  Because of Rusheng Zhang's steady, consistent participation we already know that he is a great CNSA representative, and we look forward to many more years of his support.

Biographies for both Siamak and Rusheng Zhang are available on the "Meet the Management Council" website.
http://public.ccsds.org/about/ManagementCouncil/ManagementCouncil.aspx

Another recent change is in the observer agencies:  The South African agency has reorganized, and while the representative individual, Eugene Avenant, remains the same, his organization umbrella has changed from the CSIR - Council for Scientific and Industrial Research - to SANSA - South African National Space Agency.  This is now reflected on the Observers page:  http://public.ccsds.org/participation/observer_agencies.aspx

We look forward to SANSA's participation as an observer agency.  The SANSA website is here:  http://www.sansa.org.za/

That's all the news for now.  Welcome to all our new participants!

Best regards,

   -=- Mike

Mike Kearney
CCSDS Chairman and General Secretary
www.ccsds.org<http://www.ccsds.org/>
Mail Code EO-01
NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
Huntsville, Alabama  35803, USA
+1-256-544-2029
Mike.Kearney at nasa.gov<mailto:Mike.Kearney at nasa.gov>

"Good ideas are not adopted automatically. They must be driven into practice with courageous impatience."
                                         - ADM Hyman G. Rickover