[CMC] CCSDS Strategic Goal

Juan.Miro at esa.int Juan.Miro at esa.int
Mon Jul 1 14:49:16 EDT 2013

 Dear CESG Chair and Co-chair,

on behalf of the CMC, I am attaching below the  CCSDS Strategic Goals as
agreed within the CMC in the course of the past weeks.

The CMC would like to request you to, together with your area directors,
elaborate  Strategic Goals per CCSDS Area based on the Technical Goals 1 to 6
contained in the attached document. The CCSDS Area Strategic Goals will
constitute the basis to establish the CCSDS Strategic Roadmap (or as some
prefer to call it, the big picture roadmap, see attached presentation).

The CMC would appreciate to have your CCSDS Area Strategic Goals, elaborated
following the principles contained in the attached presentation just after
the CESG Workshop in October 2013, so that CMC can elaborate a draft CCSDS
Strategic Roadmap for the December 2013 CMC meeting. I am attaching below the
text of the formal action on CESG.

Your suggestions to improve and complete the CCSDS Technical Strategic Goals
proposed by CMC will of course be appreciated.

Regards

Juan Miro

on behalf of CMC

(See attached file: CCSDS High Level Goals final 130701.docx)

(See attached file: ESA proposal Big Picture 130419.ppt)

|---------------->
|CMC-A-2013-04-15|
  |After receiving the strategic goals from the CMC, the CESG will review them and determine how appropriate they are to flow down to the sub-goals      |
  |(potentially including project milestones, etc.) for the CCSDS technical areas for incorporation into the strategic plan and the "Big Picture"        |
  |roadmap.                                                                                                                                              |
  |Action: CESG                                                                                                                                          |
  |Due Date: Early November 2013                                                                                                                         |

This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee or addressees only. The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either in whole or in part) of its content is not permitted. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed by the sender.