[CMC] Important CMC poll reminder: Approving projects

Kearney, Mike W. (MSFC-EO01) mike.kearney at nasa.gov
Thu Apr 4 09:55:12 EST 2013

Dear CMC colleagues:

This is a reminder to vote in the CMC poll that closes Monday, April 8.
http://public.ccsds.org/sites/cwe/cmc/polls/Lists/CMCP201303011/NewForm.aspx

This is important because it "re-baselines" all of the projects (CCSDS documents), and gives approval of the CMC.  You must agree to two things:

(1)    You agree that your agency will provide the resources where you agency is listed as supporting each document.

(2)    You look at the plan from a CCSDS overall view, and agree that the other documents are also OK as far as resources go.

For (1), if you find that your agency is listed as providing resources that you do not agree with, then you should "adopt with provisions" and state the change that you want in order to adopt.  For example, I just voted for NASA and stated two changes that are needed because of lack of NASA resources.

For (2), note that some documents have TBD or unspecified resources.  In most cases, we have heard that these are very far in the future, or the WG chair believes that the resources should not be a problem to assign later on.  However, if you are concerned that we may be approving a document project that will fail because of lack of resources, you should indicate so with "adopt with provisions" comments explaining which document should not be approved.

At the CMC meeting in Bordeaux, Nestor will present the CESG view of documents that have incomplete resources, and whether there is any risk in continuing those projects.  At that time, we can decide whether any projects at risk should be cancelled.  Personally, I would recommend that we for now we "adopt" these documents to be rebaselined (with any changes necessary for your agency) and discuss any necessary cancellation in Bordeaux.  However, if you have a different opinion, you should cast your vote accordingly, of course.

Previous emails on this topic are included below.

Thanks and I look forward to these discussions in Bordeaux.

Note - New Bordeaux agenda will be sent soon.
Note - There are two other polls that close tomorrow, Friday, April 5.
http://public.ccsds.org/sites/cwe/cmc/polls/default.aspx

Best regards,

   -=- Mike

Mike Kearney