[CMC] (no subject)

Juan.Miro at esa.int Juan.Miro at esa.int
Sun Apr 10 05:54:50 EDT 2011

Dear Mike and CMC colleagues,

I had planned to attend the two days CMC Berlin events, namely 25 and 26 May
only. I was not planning to attend the SC13-SC14 meeting. I tried to indicate
in the Webexconf that moving the CMC block earlier in the week might still be
possible for me rearranging my schedule for that week. However, spreading now
CMC meeting over 3 days rather than 2 poses a problem for me, since I need to
accommodate other two day event that week. Would it be possible to at least
leave the CMC private meeting in one day? Then Nestor could take over the
joint CESG-CMC if needed.  I understand that for some of you who want to
attend the SC13-SC14 the new plan is better, so in any case I will accept
whatever the final plan is and  will need to rely on Nestor to represent ESA
in some part of the CMC meetings.

Regards
Juan

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |"Kearney, Mike W. (MSFC-EO01)" <mike.kearney at nasa.gov>                                                                                                |
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |"cmc at mailman.ccsds.org" <cmc at mailman.ccsds.org>                                                                                                       |
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |06/04/2011 22:56                                                                                                                                      |
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |[CMC] (no subject)                                                                                                                                    |
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Sent by:   |
|------------>
  |cmc-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org                                                                                                                         |
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

CMC members:  I have a proposed revised agenda for Berlin, but I have some
reservations about it.  Look at it and provide feedback.  If we get only
positive feedback and no negative feedback, we will adopt the new agenda.

In summary, SC13/CCSDS attendees would start meeting Monday morning and
finish Thursday at noon (with Monday afternoon off).  CCSDS attendees would
start meeting Tuesday afternoon and finish Thursday at noon.

The overview would be revised like this, as we discussed in the telecon
today.

From:

23 May            AM      SC13-SC14 joint meeting *
23 May            PM       CESG private meeting

24 May            AM      CESG private meeting
24 May            PM       CESG private meeting
24 May            PM       SC13 regular meeting

25 May            AM      CMC-CESG joint private meeting
25 May            PM       CMC-CESG joint private meeting

26 May            AM      CMC private meeting
26 May            PM      CMC private meeting

To:

23 May            AM      SC13-SC14 joint meeting *
23 May            PM       CESG private meeting

24 May            AM       CESG private meeting
24 May            AM       SC13 regular meeting
24 May            PM       CESG private meeting
24 May           PM      CMC private meeting

25 May            AM      CMC-CESG joint private meeting
25 May            PM       CMC-CESG joint private meeting

26 May            AM      CMC private meeting

The attached detailed agenda reflects that change.

My concern is this:  Historically, we have met for 2 ½ days (except for
London which was different because of the IOAG), and we have often put agenda
items aside because we did not have enough time.  However, for some reason,
the Berlin meeting was planned for only two days.  Per our discussion this
morning, those two days have moved slightly earlier in the week (Tuesday
afternoon to Thursday morning).

I have *made* the agenda fit within the timeframe that we discussed, but I am
concerned that these topics may not have enough time on the attached
agenda:
5.4 WG and Project Overview
13  IOAG report
16  Procedures Manual update

The CMC members can comment on whether they share the concern.  The only way
to fix this would be to extend the meeting further into Thursday afternoon.

Inputs are welcome.  If there are no objections, we will adopt this agenda
next week.

   -=- Mike

Mike Kearney
NASA MSFC EO-01
256-544-2029

 (See attached file: CMCAgendaSpring2011v4.docx)