[CMC] Results of CMC Poll Closing 15 December 2009

CCSDS Secretariat tomg at aiaa.org
Wed Dec 16 10:37:23 EST 2009

CMC E-Poll Identifier:  CMC-P-2009-11-001 Authorization to publish
SOIS Subnetwork Services Magenta Books

Results of CMC poll beginning 23 November 2009 and ending 15 December 2009:

                 ADOPT:  10 (100%) (ASI, BNSC, CNES, CSA, DLR, ESA,
FSA, INPE, JAXA, NASA)
   ADOPT PROVISIONALLY:  0 (0%)
                REJECT:  0 (0%)
  REJECT WITH COMMENTS:  0 (0%)

      NASA:  This is a comment, not a provision.  NASA reiterates its
long-expressed concern that  these documents  are only notional
abstract service specifications and they  are defined at such a high
level that it is difficult to understand how they might be used to
produce "compliant" implementations or products.  NASA therefore
remains concerned that these documents  may be perceived from outside
to be confusing, since they appear to lower the overall quality and
utility bar that the community has come to expect from
CCSDS.  However, NASA understands that other agencies are anxious for
these documents to be released, and in the spirit of CCSDS
collaborative cooperation, NASA agrees to  their publication. NASA
also notes that we do not anticipate adopting any of these
recommended practices. However, since we do not anticipate promoting
a competing capability at this time, we agree to their publication.

Results are based on responses from 10 out of 11 members (90.91%).

No response was received from the following Agencies:

CNSA

Secretariat Interpretation of Results:  Adopted
Resulting CMC Resolution:               CMC-R-2009-12-001
Inferred Secretariat Action:            Publish Document