[CMC] Re: [Secretariat] [CESG] RE : Information: Draft CCSDS Technical response to IOAG Resolution 12.9.1

Adrian J. Hooke adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov
Sun Apr 26 10:45:35 EDT 2009

At 04:38 PM 4/25/2009, Soula Jean-Marc wrote:
>I acknowledge receipt of two emails from each of
>you, on the same subject but also apparently  with the same attachment.
>Could you please confirm the attachment is the
>same in all 4 email or advise which one should be considered ?

Jean-Marc: the attachments are identical. Nestor
and I both sent the same file separately to
underscore th fact that it was a multilateral
technical agreement that represents the consensus of many different parties.

>Then I will distribute it to IOAG for review. My
>idea is to assign an action to IOAG members
>after this is validated by the CMC (next week),
>and then make it an agenda item for the upcoming mini-IOAG meeting (mid may).

Correct. We sent the agreed technical position to
you and to the SISG co-chairs for your advance
information, on the understanding that it was
pre-decisional and that the CMC needs to review
and ratify it. We will present this material to
the CMC on Tuesday with a request that CCSDS
should issue a formal communique back to the
IOAG. If the CMC agrees, it is hoped that the
IOAG can react at their May meeting so that the
SISG can be re-focused in time for us to proceed
under new guidelines by our June face-face meeting.

>According to the short notice, I'm not sure a
>decision may be made then but at list the point
>is discussed and a due date will be assigned,
>taking into account next SISG events (mid june
>?). Would that match your expectations ?

We think that it is imperative for the IOAG to
act on this matter quite urgently. Since
December, the work of the SISG has been diverted
by the ambiguous formulation of R12.9.1.  The
CCSDS team believes that we have teased-apart the
intent of 12.9.1 in a way that is satisfactory to
everyone. However, we need that clarification to
be confirmed by the IOAG at the earliest possible
opportunity, otherwise it will be unlikely that
we can have anything meaningful to present by the
IOAG-13 meeting (which is unfortunately timed,
given its close proximity to the summer holidays).

Best regards
Adrian