[CMC] Re: [CESG] Draft resolutions to CCSDS from IOAG-12

Jean-Luc.Gerner at esa.int Jean-Luc.Gerner at esa.int
Sun Sep 28 21:58:44 EDT 2008

This is my first reaction. I have not yet consulted the SLS WG chairs, so
please take this as preliminary.

(See attached file: Comments to IOAG Resolutions_jlg.doc)

Jean-Luc Gerner
TEC-ETN
Tel: +31 71 565 4473

             "Adrian J. Hooke"
             <adrian.j.hooke at jp
             l.nasa.gov>                                                  To
             Sent by:                   "CCSDS Engineering Steering Group -
             cesg-bounces at mailm         ADs" <cesg at mailman.ccsds.org>
             an.ccsds.org                                                 cc
                                        CCSDS Management Council
                                        <cmc at mailman.ccsds.org>
             24/09/2008 22:39                                        Subject
                                        [CESG] Draft resolutions to CCSDS
                                        from IOAG-12

Five Resolutions to CCSDS were formulated at IOAG-12, which was held at DLR
on 09-10 September. For clarity, I have extracted these in the attached
Powerpoint file. [The attached PDF file also contains these resolutions, plus
their background and rationale.]

The resolutions were drafted by a joint NASA/ESA ad-hoc Coding, Modulation
and Link Protocols team. The IOAG delegates approved the Resolutions but took
a post-meeting action item to prioritize them; the prioritization has not yet
been completed.

Meanwhile, as a CCSDS Technical Liaison to the IOAG, I offer them for your
preliminary review and comment. In particular:

1. Do we understand them as written, or do we require more clarification?

2. Are they appropriately actionable by CCSDS, i.e., do they ask us to
specifically do something that we are competent to do?

3. Are we willing to accept them within our current resource envelopes?

Best regards
Adrian(See attached file: IOAG CMLP Resolutions 08-28-08.pdf)(See attached
file: Extract-IOAG-CMLP-Resolutions-08-28-08.ppt)