[CMC] Re: A pondering.

Eduardo W. Bergamini e.w.bergamini at uol.com.br
Tue Nov 18 08:49:35 EST 2008

Mike,

Thank you for your message. I agree with your comments, which also included
the opportune mentioning of the ISO domain. A much broader community in this
case, as we do know it.

Departing from the fundamental assertion ...

"Affordable cross support will not be attained if it is not preceded by interoperable
resources."

... and based on the the many concrete and undeniable examples that History
provides us with that, to the extent that a common objective exists among
different entities and, to the extent their coordinated, value adding joint effort
inequivocably seek that same objective, in a realistic and sensible fashion, it is
a natural result that the objective will be attained in due time. I do understand
and hope that CCSDS is one of those entities, in our case.

With my best regards,
Eduardo
INPE/CCSDS