[CMC] RE: Preparation for Japan CMC/CESG meeting

Kearney, Mike W. (MSFC-EO01) Mike.Kearney at nasa.gov
Sun Mar 23 09:15:00 EST 2008

CMC and CESG members:  JAXA is already coordinating directly with our
Russian and Chinese colleagues to insure that their necessary visa
approvals are received in time for their attendance at the June CMC/CESG
meeting.

If you *also* will require a Letter of Invitation from the Japanese
government to attend, please notify Narita-san by email *as soon as
possible*.   Provide the following information:

(1) Name

(2) Gender

(3) Date of Birth

(4) Affiliation (Job Title)

(5) Travel Plan (Airline, Flight No. and Hotel)

If you do not yet have your travel arrangements (item 5), simply provide
whatever information is available.   We expect to provide hotel
recommendations soon, but do not let that delay providing information
for visa approval.

In general for CCSDS meetings, since meeting hosts cannot know all the
travel requirements of each nation, it is the responsibility of the
travelers to inform the host when they require correspondence to enable
their attendance at a meeting.  If you are not sure, please check with
your own travel organization, especially concerning expected time delays
expected for approval.   Inform the host and the Secretariat if you
expect to have problems with the approval schedule.

As a result of the problems during the last meeting in the USA, we found
that NASA was unable to influence the visa approval schedule in other
government agencies.  Since there is little or no flexibility on the
part of the hosts, it is very important that our meeting attendees find
out about the processes for their countries and communicate the
requirements to the host, so that they can deliver the necessary
paperwork in time.

Thanks very much.  I hope to see all of you in the beautiful country of
Japan.

   -=- Mike

Mike Kearney

NASA MSFC EO-01