[CMC] Re: [CESG] Tsukuba CMC meeting - proposed change

Peter Shames peter.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Feb 28 20:36:01 EST 2008

Works for me.

Peter

On 28 Feb 2008, at 11:36 AM, Kearney, Mike W. (MSFC-EO01) wrote:

> We have gotten several inputs that requested that we shift the CESG/
> CMC meeting in Tsukuba Japan a week earlier.  Our JAXA colleague
> Narita has verified that is possible.   I am sending this informal
> note to the CMC to see if anyone has a problem with this proposal.
> If there are fewer problems with moving it than there are with
> leaving it the same, then I will put out an announcement early next
> week that we will reschedule the meeting.
>

> The currently planned dates were during the week of June 23-27
>

> The new proposal is to move it to the week of June 16-20
>

> The outline for the week would be thus:
>

> Monday:  CESG only
> Tuesday AM:  CESG only
> Tuesday PM:  ISO/TC20/SC13
> Wednesday: CESG-CMC joint meeting
> Thursday: CMC only
> Friday: CMC only
>
> Note that this would require announcing the change to the ISO
> meeting schedule to the ISO mail list which is theoretically
> supposed to occur four months before the meeting.  However,
> indications from our ISO secretariat were that this should not be a
> major problem.
>

> With this schedule, CMC members would have to attend Tuesday
> afternoon through Friday (departing Saturday).   CESG members would
> attend Monday to Wednesday (departing Thursday).
>

> Please let us know if this presents a problem for your attendance.
>

> Thanks,
>
>    -=- Mike
>

> Mike Kearney
>
> NASA MSFC EO-01
>
> 256-544-2029

Peter Shames
Manager - JPL Data Systems Standards Program
InterPlanetary Network Directorate
Jet Propulsion Laboratory, MS 301-230
California Institute of Technology
Pasadena, CA 91109 USA

Telephone: +1 818 354-5740,  Fax: +1 818 393-0028

Internet:  Peter.Shames at jpl.nasa.gov
"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring
will be to arrive at where we started, and know the place for the
first time"

                       T.S. Eliot