[CMC] Tsukuba CMC meeting - proposed change

Kearney, Mike W. (MSFC-EO01) Mike.Kearney at nasa.gov
Thu Feb 28 14:36:27 EST 2008

We have gotten several inputs that requested that we shift the CESG/CMC
meeting in Tsukuba Japan a week earlier.  Our JAXA colleague Narita has
verified that is possible.   I am sending this informal note to the CMC
to see if anyone has a problem with this proposal.  If there are fewer
problems with moving it than there are with leaving it the same, then I
will put out an announcement early next week that we will reschedule the
meeting.

The currently planned dates were during the week of June 23-27

The new proposal is to move it to the week of June 16-20

The outline for the week would be thus:

Monday:  CESG only
Tuesday AM:  CESG only
Tuesday PM:  ISO/TC20/SC13
Wednesday: CESG-CMC joint meeting
Thursday: CMC only
Friday: CMC only

Note that this would require announcing the change to the ISO meeting
schedule to the ISO mail list which is theoretically supposed to occur
four months before the meeting.  However, indications from our ISO
secretariat were that this should not be a major problem.

With this schedule, CMC members would have to attend Tuesday afternoon
through Friday (departing Saturday).   CESG members would attend Monday
to Wednesday (departing Thursday).

Please let us know if this presents a problem for your attendance.

Thanks,

   -=- Mike

Mike Kearney

NASA MSFC EO-01