[CMC] ISRO participation in CCSDS

Jean-Francois.Kaufeler at esa.int Jean-Francois.Kaufeler at esa.int
Mon Feb 4 04:05:51 EST 2008

Mike, this is good, regards, JFK

"Kearney, Mike W. (MSFC-EO01)" <Mike.Kearney at nasa.gov>
Sent by: cmc-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org
01.02.2008 20:20

"CCSDS Management Council" <cmc at mailman.ccsds.org>
cc

Subject
[CMC] ISRO participation in CCSDS

CMC colleagues:  Because of recent news articles about ISRO plans for
upcoming missions, it seems to me that it is an appropriate time to
communicate with ISRO about whether they would like to increase their
participation in CCSDS and return to status of full membership.  My
suggestion would be that I would write a note to an ISRO contact and the
ISRO observer representative and ask them if ISRO has an interest.  I
would also provide a summary of the participation obligations for full
members (attached).  This is the same summary that I attached to the
invitation letter to China.

I’m sending this note so if any CMC members have any concerns or
suggestions about this, they can voice them now.  Since ISRO has been a
member in the past, I didn’t think it required a CMC poll to open the
discussion with them.  If they are interested we would then circulate a
CMC poll.

If there aren’t any objections to this, I will proceed to do this about
the middle of next week.

Thanks,

   -=- Mike

Mike Kearney
NASA MSFC EO-01
256-544-2029
 [attachment "Summary of CCSDS member responsibilities.doc" deleted by
Jean-Francois Kaufeler/esoc/ESA]