[CMC] CCSDS Report to IOP-2 [Version-3]

Hooke, Adrian J adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Dec 2 19:41:15 EST 2008

Narita: I think that this is an OUTSTANDING presentation. Sincere congratulations! I have just two small comments:

Slide 9:  "CCSDS acknowledges IOAG as the primary interoperability coordination entity". I recommend changing the word "the" to "a"  primary interoperability coordination entity.

Slide 13: I don't know if we will ever get this diagram agreed. Isn't the sense of the CMC that (a) CCSDS looks to the IOAG to be an important source of user requirements but (b) CCSDS is an independent international organization (which is both technically and politically broader in scope than the IOAG) and that CCSDS therefore reserves the right to form its own user liaisons? If so, can a diagram possibly explain this complexity?  Maybe we should just delete this slide, or put a big question mark (?) over it and leave it to the IOP to debate the relationships?

Best regards
Adrian Hooke
CCSDS Technical Liaison to the IOAG