[CESG] RE: [CMC] Re: Repository Audit and Certification Working Group

Adrian J. Hooke adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Apr 22 09:30:41 EDT 2008

At 09:12 AM 4/22/2008, Nestor.Peccia at esa.int wrote:
>I believe that we should do an analysis accross all the WGs and BOFs.
>Otehrwise is too RAC-centric? This is a very good topic for CESG and CMC in
>Japan.

Absolutely correct. The RAC triggered this discussion, but it is not
fair to pick just on them. The CESG should do a zero-based review of
all WGs and BOFs, including an assessment of the "interoperability
value" of the work and whether or not they have made their
deliverables as agreed. The first step is to get a better integrated
picture of the program of work than we currently have in the Area
reports. That could take the form of:

1. A table listing each group and a very short summary of its
technical objectives and  planned deliverables.
2. A multi-year schedule chart showing the major milestones of each
group, along with a vertical "today" string and some kind of color
coding as to whether deliverables are on schedule or not. This should
preferably be just a few sheets with about ten projects on a sheet.

///adrian