[CMC] Draft MOU between CCSDS and ECSS

Jean-Francois.Kaufeler at esa.int Jean-Francois.Kaufeler at esa.int
Thu Nov 1 02:09:31 EST 2007

Peter,
I agree in general with the content of your proposal. Here some remarks:
If I recall correctly, the CMC preferred to have a liaison statement
rather than an MOU since our practise is to have liaison statements with
other organisations (even OMG). In essence what are the (common)
objectives of this liaison and how do we propose to operate this liaison.
CCSDS liaison principles are already defined and offer largely the
cooperation mechanism ECSS is wishing. We may need just to expand them a
bit to come closer to ECSS views.
We also agreed that the CESG is the right level of contact and that we
would propose the CESG Deputy-Chair Nestor Peccia to be the PoC.
Best regards, JFK

"Allan, PM (Peter)" <P.M.Allan at rl.ac.uk>
Sent by: cmc-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org
31.10.2007 16:40

"CCSDS Management Council" <cmc at mailman.ccsds.org>
cc

Subject
[CMC] Draft MOU between CCSDS and ECSS

Attached is my attempt at writing an MOU between CCSDS and ECSS. I have
taken the earlier draft MOU and rewritten sections 2, 3 and 4 to reflect
the discussion we had in Darmstadt.

I am not really sure we need all of section 1, after all, we both know
who we are, but it was there, so I left it in for now.

There is one point I am unsure about, so I have put a question in red in
the body of the text.

Comments please.

Peter
Dr. Peter M. Allan
Head, Space Data Division
Space Science and Technology Department
Science and Technology Facilities Council
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
Harwell Science and Innovation Campus
Didcot
Oxfordshire OX11 0QX
England

e-mail: p.m.allan at rl.ac.uk
Tel: +44 (1235) 445723       fax: +44 (1235) 446667
 <<Draft MOU.doc>>
[attachment "Draft MOU.doc" deleted by Jean-Francois Kaufeler/esoc/ESA]