[CMC] RE: Space Information Day

Adrian J. Hooke adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Jul 13 09:11:41 EDT 2007

Mario: I also have to agree. So far we have had two or three Space
Information Days and the attendance has been very disappointing.
While it's good that the OMG is trying to develop space as one of its
domains and the SDTF should continue, it's pretty clear that the
market will continue to be tiny for the foreseeable future. As
discussed in Brussels, it would probably be far more effective for us
to stage joint CCSDS/OMG technical sessions at major space
conferences than to keep hoping to attract a crowd during OMG meetings.

Best regards
///Adrian
Adrian J. Hooke
Chairman, CCSDS Engineering Steering Group (CESG)