[CMC] CCSDS 2006 Fall CMC Meeting

Soula Jean-Marc jean-marc.soula at cnes.fr
Thu Aug 17 05:28:52 EDT 2006

Dear Neil,

A) I have some comments or requests for clarification w.r.t the proposed agenda:

1) I would appreciate that the Secretariat report includes a summary status of the resolutions made in previous CMC meetings or via e-polls since Reston ; it is not always clear what is the status of resolutions or what was the final decision following an e-poll which received comments or got some reject votes and any pending issue should be discussed during the CMC meetings.

2) We have had recently some e-polls the results of which were not clear as they got some Reject or Adopt provisionally. I would like to make sure they will be discussed so as to clear the pending issues. They may be addressed as proposed in my above item 1 or they were already anticipated in your proposed agenda under one or the other of the agenda items ; this is to be verified:
- one is on the CESG review and vote on the standard documents : this may be covered under the agenda item "Agency Review Process Improvements" but if not planned so, it could be made an independent agenda item.
- another one is on the modification of the WG charters to remove the resource requirements : there were three reject votes and comments pointed out that the CMC Management method was questionned and should be discussed: management on resources,  on products or schedules, etc...

3) It is my understanding that the agenda item on "CCSDS resolution process" corresponds to the exchanges recently made via email following a proposal by Adrian to reduce the development time limits of the resolutions ; if it is the case, fine with me ; if not, this subject could be made an additional agenda item.

4) The last meeting in Reston was a joint meeting with IOAG ; one year after that meeting, I feel it would be fair to elaborate a status report as an answer to the recommendations IOAG passed to CCSDS ; if planned as part of the CESG report, fine with me ; if not, this subject could be made an additional agenda item.
For reference, the IOAG recommendations were related to:
-- SLE MANAGEMENT SERVICES (Res 8.1.1)
-- CCSDS STRATEGIC PLAN MODIFICATIONS (Res 8.2.1)
-- CCSDS BANDWIDTH EFFICIENT MOD. RECOMMENDATIONS (Res 8.3.1)
-- CROSS-SUPPORT AREA WORKING GROUP CHARTER (Res 8.4.1)
-- FRAMEWORK FOR CROSS-SUPPORT SERVICE ARCHETECTURE (Res 8.5.1)
-- FRAMEWORK FOR CROSS-SUPPORT SERVICES CATALOG (Res 8.5.1)
-- HIGH RATE COMMANDING (Res 8.7.1)
-- DELTA DOR (Res 8.8.1)

B) I have the following comments w.r.t the status of action items :

1) I'm under the impression that some AI from the Athens meeting were not closed in Reston ; their status should be pointed out in the list of action items submitted in view of the Moscow meeting.

2) There was an action item issued during the F05 joint meeting with IOAG ; what is its status ?

Best regards

Jean-Marc SOULA
Chargé de Mission Réseaux de Stations
DCT/OP/CM