[CMC] RE: [CESG] CCSDS STRATEGIC PLAN: comments needed, Issue2-Draft4-Version1

Chris Plummer c.plummer at skynet.be
Mon Feb 14 17:37:48 EST 2005

Gents,

>From the SOIS perspective we've checked through the strategic goals and are
willing to stand by what has been documented in this version. However, we've
got a bit of an issue with the CCSDS goals on page 4. In our view, one of
the critical goals should be to promote the use of CCSDS standards within
our own sponsoring agencies. Therefore, we think that a paragraph should be
added along the lines of:

Yearly: to promulgate the CCSDS concepts and to promote the use of CCSDS
standards within projects and technical support sections of the CCSDS member
agencies.

We firmly believe that advocacy for CCSDS standards within the agencies is
one of the keys to future success, but it must be understood that
promulgating CCSDS standards within the agencies is not a null function,
i.e. effort (resources) must be committed to this activity. However, the
return on effort invested for this type of activity can be very high.

Best regards,

                     Chris Plummer.

  _____