[CMC] Resolution: request to extend XTCE review to 30Apr05

Martin Pilgram martin.pilgram at dlr.de
Tue Apr 19 05:06:08 EDT 2005

Adrian J. Hooke wrote:

> CMC members: you will recall that as part of our expanded program of
> cooperation with the Object Management Group (OMG), the charter of the
> MOIMS Spacecraft Monitor and Control (SM&C) Working Group was updated
> to include a formal CCSDS review of the OMG's specification "XML
> Telemetric and Command Exchange" (XTCE). As noted in the BACKGROUND
> below, it is desired to extend that review period until the end of the
> April in order to gather a complete set of comments. Accordingly, as
> CESG Chair I recommend that the CMC should approve the following
> Resolution:
>
>     "The CMC resolves to extend the Agency review period for the CCSDS
>     Red Book 660.0-R-1 and its accompanying Green Book 660.0-G-1 until
>     30 April 2005 in order to gather a complete set of CCSDS comments".
>
> CMC Chair: could you kindly notify the CESG if this resolution is
> approved?
>
> BACKGROUND:
>
> At the Athens meeting, CCSDS personnel joined the OMG Space Domain
> Task Force's (SDTF's) "Revision Task Force" and submitted 97 RIDs that
> were generated as part of the first CCSDS formal Agency review of the
> XTCE specification. It was agreed that it would be desirable to keep
> the window for comments open for one more month to allow JPL to
> complete its review. Many of the current RIDs were cleared during this
> meeting and the remainder will take a couple of months to work
> through. The overall schedule for updating and reviewing the XTCE
> specification was discussed, particularly in view of the need to
> synchronize the review loops. The following 2005-2006 schedule was
> agreed by OMG and CCSDS personnel:
>
> 30 APRIL: Window for comments ends.
> 30 AUGUST: Updated XTCE specification available (OMG "Interim Report")
> CCSDS encapsulates Interim Report; start of CCSDS second formal Agency
> review
> 30 OCTOBER: Close of second CCSDS Agency review.
> CCSDS RIDs to RTF
> 01 NOVEMBER: Close of RTF window for comments
> 01 FEBRUARY: RTF deadline to submit RTF Report on XTCE to OMG
> Architecture Board.
> Start of OMG Architecture Board - Domain Technical Committee - OMB
> Board approvals.
> CCSDS issues Blue Book when OMG approval is completed.
>
> Best regards
>
> Adrian J. Hooke
> Chairman, CCSDS Engineering Steering Group (CESG)

Adrian,
I agreen with the review extension. But I have a problem with the date
of the request. Was this not known last week? Such an item should be
discussed in the CMC. And we had the same situation during the last CMC.

regards
Martin

--

RB-OD – Martin Pilgram

* DLR – GSOC ( ++49 (0)8153 / 28 - 1266
Abteilung: RB-OD È ++49 (0)172) / 2902310
Oberpfaffenhofen 3 ++49 (0)8153 / 28 - 1092
82234 Weßling : martin.pilgram at dlr.de