AW: [CMC] CMC VOTE REQUIRED: Draft Resolution, CCSDS-OMG Study Group

Hubertus Wanke Hubertus.Wanke at dlr.de
Mon Mar 15 02:31:28 EST 2004

Adrian,

DLR approves  the draft resolution

Regards

Hubertus

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: cmc-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org
[mailto:cmc-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org] Im Auftrag von Adrian J. Hooke
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 11. März 2004 23:41
An: CCSDS Management Council
Cc: Pauline.Bolle-Mead at esa.int; Jean-Francois.Kaufeler at esa.int;
Adrian.J.Hooke at jpl.nasa.gov; Georges-Henri.Mingot at cnes.fr;
P.M.Allan at rl.ac.uk; Andrew.Z.Dowen at jpl.nasa.gov; Nestor.Peccia at esa.int
Betreff: [CMC] CMC VOTE REQUIRED: Draft Resolution, CCSDS-OMG Study
Group

TO:   CCSDS Management Council
FROM: CCSDS-OMG Study Team

Council meeting, a small team met at ESA, Darmstadt on 10-11 March to
study future relationships between the CCSDS and the OMG (Object
Management Group). In attendance were:

Peter Allan (BNSC)
Andy Dowen (NASA)
Adrian Hooke (NASA)
Jean-Francois Kaufeler, (ESA)
Georges-Henri Mingot (CNES)
John Siegel (OMG)
Nestor Peccia (ESA)

2. The consensus recommendation of the group is attached. The net result
is that we recommend that the OMG should host our two meetings in 2005
(Spring - Europe; Autumn - USA),thus offering the opportunity for
increased technical interchange between key personnel, and that we will
continue to seek a viable project to demonstrate the utility of OMG
technology to the space domain. However, we will not make any changes to
each other's operating procedures, and neither will we specifically
"give up" any CCSDS work to the OMG.

3. The next step is to seek ratification of this draft recommendation by
CCSDS and OMG management. The CCSDS participants believe that this
course of action will be beneficial,  and therefore solicit your e-mail
approval.

4.PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS REQUEST BY THE "ANSWER ALL" MECHANISM to
indicate whether or not you approve this Draft Resolution.

5. Your response is requested no later than close of business on Friday
26 March, i.e., two weeks from today.

Best regards
Adrian J. Hooke
Chairman, CCSDS Engineering Steering Group (CESG)