[CESG] CCSDS Press Room?

Barkley, Erik J (US 3970) erik.j.barkley at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Nov 11 21:43:58 UTC 2022

Dear CESG Colleagues,

At the Toulouse meetings, one of the topics that was discussed in the CSS area had to do with industry engagement in general. To that end one of the ideas proposed was to have CCSDS be more active in promoting success stories. As I recall we used to have a CCSDS "Press Room" where various releases with regards to various items of interest such as book publication etc. could be posted. Since then the CCSDS website has been redesigned and I think does look much better than what it used to look like. But it occurs to me that the "carousel" that rotates towards the top of the home page could be a perfect opportunity for publication of CCSDS success stories. I think topics here could include such things as standards publication, notices of agency adoption of the various standards, and maybe even things like status reports of various prototyping efforts successfully concluding or maybe agency reviews that are in progress.  Obviously this would need to be approved by some authority to make sure that false information is not going out but I do think that something like this would help with public outreach/industry engagement.  There would probably have to be some lightweight process/control on carousel updates and I suspect it would be good to have items include an expiration date whereby they drop out of the carousel.  I am curious to know your thoughts on doing something like this?

I am copying Brian and Sami for cognizance.

Best regards,
-Erik