[CESG] CESG / SAWG Coordination Meeting

Shames, Peter M (US 312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu May 27 18:09:37 UTC 2021

Dear SLS, CSS, SIS, and SEA colleagues,

In the SEA Systems Architecture WG (SAWG) we are working on a revision of the Space Communication Cross Support Architecture Requirements Document (CCSDS SCCS-ARD, 901.1-M-1).  That document presently describes how more than fifty-seven (57) normative CCSDS standards may be fitted together, like some giant jig-saw puzzle, to mee the needs of users who design and build flight and ground communications assets.  In the time since that standard was published a number of these normative standards have been updated, some with new features, and a significant number of new standards have been published, especially in SLS and CSS, but also in SEA itself.

We have identified some issues with the current document structure that requires changes to the chapters for clarity of presentation.  We have also identified some complexities introduced by new standards, such as USLP, optical comm, VCM, and newer security features that are driving a change in approach.  And we are adding all of the new standards that have been introduced since this document was published.

We would like to present these issues and how we plan to  address them to whichever members of your teams would be willing to participate.  This is  an unusual request for a WG, which typically do this sort of work behind closed doors, but since this document cross cuts all of your WGs we thought it useful and, we hope, valuable to you.  Since we have focused on ABA deployments the only Area that is not directly affected yet is SIS. That said, you may still wish to see what we are doing to the layers that underpin your networking layer standards.

Thanks, Peter

Hello,
Peter Shames invites you to join this WebEx meeting.

CESG / SAWG Coordination Meeting
Wednesday, June 23, 2021
7:00 AM  |  (UTC-07:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)  |  2 hrs

Meeting number (access code): 199 322 2362

Meeting password: sXzR283nEyV

Join meeting<https://urldefense.us/v3/__https:/jpl.webex.com/jpl/j.php?MTID=m27d2bccdce79d02556c25ea7a626b51e__;!!PvBDto6Hs4WbVuu7!aM1Cv3EJJJlB5bC1anMsyTi-ptbVLDvbUoqEjBQl9USaLA7VkRPz5Aro36r9hNSo2k4rn0MV$>

More ways to join:

Join from the meeting link
https://jpl.webex.com/jpl/j.php?MTID=m27d2bccdce79d02556c25ea7a626b51e<https://urldefense.us/v3/__https:/jpl.webex.com/jpl/j.php?MTID=m27d2bccdce79d02556c25ea7a626b51e__;!!PvBDto6Hs4WbVuu7!aM1Cv3EJJJlB5bC1anMsyTi-ptbVLDvbUoqEjBQl9USaLA7VkRPz5Aro36r9hNSo2k4rn0MV$>

Join by phone
+1-510-210-8882 USA Toll
+44-203-457-5798 U.K. Toll
Global call-in numbers<https://urldefense.us/v3/__https:/jpl.webex.com/jpl/globalcallin.php?MTID=m5dac3d512a4aa94e0bfc7aa981b2bf4b__;!!PvBDto6Hs4WbVuu7!aM1Cv3EJJJlB5bC1anMsyTi-ptbVLDvbUoqEjBQl9USaLA7VkRPz5Aro36r9hNSo2vcOEGNY$>

Toll Free: 844-JPL-WEBX (844-575-9329)

Can't join the meeting?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that this Webex service allows audio and other information sent during the session to be recorded, which may be discoverable in a legal matter. By joining this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to being recorded, discuss your concerns with the host or do not join the session.