[CESG] FW: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Secretariat] CCSDS Liaison page

Shames, Peter M (US 312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Nov 17 19:52:39 UTC 2020

Dear CESG members,

Here is the background on this CCSDS liaison role situation.  There is an analysis attached and some suggestions (in the email below) as to how to handle it.  We clearly need some sort of clearly stated liaison role documentation defined, an appropriate registry recognizing that these are interfaces with two parties, and a process for assigning entries and managing them.  We have an awful mish-mash right now.  I do not think this needs to be a heavy weight activity.

It also occurs to me that we may want to create a new small registry that actually records these liaison arrangements, including the orgs, their point(s) of contact and ours, the CCSDS organization, etc and maybe even the liaison agreement itself stating what the agreed scope is.

Feedback?  Comments?

Thanks, Peter