[CESG] Materials for discussion during CESG WebEx on unresolved PIDs, Thursday, 2 Apr 20, 0800 PDT

Shames, Peter M (US 312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Mar 31 22:22:37 UTC 2020

Dear Margherita, et al,

Attached please find a spreadsheet with the set of unresolved PIDs that were raised during the four recent CESG polls:

  1.  Poll CESG-P-2020-02-001, Doc CCSDS 313.0-Y-3, Draft SANA Role, Responsibilities, Policies, and Procedures  (largely guidance for the SANA Operator and the CMC, CESG, interactions)
  2.  Poll CESG-P-2020-02-001, Doc CCSDS 313.1-Y-2, Draft Registry Management Policy (describes the overall re-engineering of the set of SANA registries, with emphasis on the Enterprise and Global sets, and the overall registry use and extension policies)
  3.  Poll CESG-P-2020-02-003, Doc CCSDS 313.2-Y-2, Draft Procedures for SANA Registry Specification (a concise guide for any WG that needs to create or modify a registry, should be the only doc that most WG need to read)
  4.  Poll CESG-P-2020-02-004, Doc CCSDS 315.1-Y-1, Draft CCSDS URN Namespace Policy (the policy for URNs)

There is a total of 25 separate PIDs, but several of them are duplicates from different ADs, or are the same issue raised for different documents.  There are proposed resolutions for all of these.  I believe that only some of these really need CESG discussion, and those are so marked in column "J" as "This needs CESG discussion. ". Others may have different opinions, which I am sure we will discuss.   I will remind everyone that there is a separate set of PIDs and resolutions that you have all seen where the resolutions were accepted by the ADs who submitted them.  They are not included here, only the unresolved ones.

I only prepared this one spreadsheet.  Other materials relating to the rationale for this set of editorial changes were already distributed, as was the entire set of proposed resolutions and AD "reclama" responses.

See you all on Thursday.

Best regards, and take care, Peter