[CESG] In view of today's discussion: Materials for discussion during CESG WebEx on unresolved PIDs, Thursday, 2 Apr 20, 0800 PDT

Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
Thu Apr 2 09:42:34 UTC 2020

Dear Peter & All,
        please find here below some comments in view of today's
discussion.
I hope it helps

Ciao & stay safe

Gian Paolo

313.0-Y-3       PID     SLS-04  I note your Proposed / Agreed resolution
Accept the revised language.
FROM: The CESG shall review the Candidate registry prior to approving the
release of the document for its first Agency review.
TO: The CESG shall review the document (including the Annex with Candidate
registry) within the CESG Poll for releasing the document for its first
Agency review.
This is satisfying this condition

313.0-Y-3       GPC     SLS-06   I note your Proposed / Agreed resolution
Remove the "NOTE -".  Make clear that this is a formal part of the CESG
responsibilities.
This is (in principle) satisfying this condition. However it would be nice
showing the proposed text to "Make clear that this is a formal part of the
CESG responsibilities"

313.0-Y-3       GPC     SLS-11  I note your Proposed / Agreed resolution
Accept with modifications:
From:
The CESG is responsible for verifying that SANA and registry requirements
are met, that the Candidate registry exists and is in appropriate form
before approving the document for first Agency review. The CESG is also
responsible for verifying that the registry is in production form prior to
approving the final document defining the registry for publication.
To:
During the CESG poll prior to first Agency review the CESG is responsible
for verifying that SANA and registry requirements are met, that the
Candidate registry exists and is in appropriate form before approving the
document for first Agency review. During the CESG poll for publication the
CESG is  responsible for verifying that the registry is in production form
prior to approving the final document defining the registry for
publication.
I still dislike part of the proposed modification.
In the first sentence I find redundant "that the Candidate registry exists
and is in appropriate form" as it is an unnecessary detail.
However I would accept decision by majority of CESG.

313.0-Y-3       GPC     SLS-13, I still think the current text is an
unnecessary detail.
However I would accept decision by majority of CESG.

313.0-Y-3       GPC     SLS-16  needing CESG discussion, I remark that the
intention is to mirror in Org&Proc (in whatever form) the possibility of
creating Expert Groups. If they are assimilated to SIGs (requiring only AD
actions) fine for me amending (the short) section 2.3.5 SPECIAL INTEREST
GROUPS (SIGS) instead of (the long) section 5.2.7 SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP
MEETINGS that is specifically addressing meetings.
If the expert group requires CESG or CMC approval, then something
dedicated should exist,

313.1-Y-2       MM      addressing "response to  313.0-Y-3, GPC, SLS-16".
It looks to me that the situation of the XML Expert Group (or persistent
XML SIG?) shall anyhow be clarified.
the matter of recoding participants to these Experts Groups shall also be
clarified.

 313.2-Y-2      GPC     SLS-05  I note your Proposed / Agreed resolution
Section 2.3 is, admitedly, long.  It is a non-normative, descriptive,
section of the document and these are often "descriptive", as intended by
the format.  We could, as you request, create a separate, formal, "contact
list" section at the front of section 3 and then just refer to these as
"SANA Operator", "SSG", "BETA Registries".  Does that scratch your itch?.
YES. This is satisfying this condition

 313.2-Y-2      GPC     SLS-01   I note your Proposed / Agreed resolution
Accepted, with modifications:
FROM:
The registry is expected to be complete and stable prior to the start of
Agency review.
TO:
The registry is expected to be complete and stable (i.e. fully consistent
with the draft document) prior to the start of Agency review."
This is satisfying this condition.

 313.2-Y-2      GPC     SLS-02
Even if not marked so: This needs CESG discussion.
However I would accept decision by majority of CESG.

 313.2-Y-2      GPC     SLS-04 I do not agree that we shall remark the
obvious, however I do not want to fight for this.
This is satisfying this condition.

 313.2-Y-2      GPC     SLS-06  This needs CESG discussion.
 313.2-Y-2      GPC     SLS-08  This needs CESG discussion.
 313.2-Y-2      GPC     SLS-09  This needs CESG discussion.
Interoperability Test Reports are WG Chair Responsibility and eventually
AD & CESG verify those Test Reports.
However I find excessive stating asking CESG to verify interactions (i.e.
mail exchanges?).
If needed Org&Proc section "6.2.6.1 Approval Criteria b) 1) first bullet"
(see below) could be amended to add the ned for documenting
inclusion/verification of required interactions.
- the  WG  Chair  is  responsible  for  documenting  the  specific
implementations  that  qualify  the  specification  for  CCSDS Recommended
 Standard  status,  along with reports relevant to their testing;

 315.1-Y-1      GPC     SLS-06   I note your Proposed / Agreed resolution
.....  Sec 3, pg 3-1, To:
The following structure is defined for the tree under urn:ccsds. The
requestor of a new or changed URN may be a CCSDS Area, Working Group or
Agency.  The URN registry is a CCSDS Global registry, as defined in
reference [6].
This is satisfying this condition

 315.1-Y-1      GPC     SLS-03  See response to  313.0-Y-3, GPC,