[CESG] FW: CCSDS-OMG Liaison: Satellite Command & Control Message Specification (C2MS)

Barkley, Erik J (3970) Erik.J.Barkley at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Aug 23 23:29:17 UTC 2018

Dear Margherita,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I appreciate the insights and clarifications you have provided. I can also appreciate the frustration with OMG.  Nonetheless, I think it is important for liaisons to consult with CESG or other parties within CCSDS as needed to achieve a consensus as to how to proceed and/or respond - to me this seems a vital aspect of the liaison role.  For example, given the situation, should CCSDS continue to develop an informational overlap report rather than work on analysis re incorporation of what OMG proposes to produce into MO services?  I don't know the answer but it strikes me that a conversation/consensus development at the level of CESG would help in determining that.

I look forward to reading the notes of the upcoming CESG telecon.

Best regards,
-Erik