[CESG] "User Services"

Shames, Peter M (312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Apr 16 14:09:27 UTC 2018

Hi Gippo,

My suggestion is that you change "user services" on that last slide to something like "link layer interface and adaptation".  I do not believe that any of the things that SLS addresses are in any sense "user services".  But all of these SPP, Encap, IP over CCSDS are definitely interfaces to the link layer or adaptations to the link layer.

And yes, I do know that we talk, in the abstract, about service access points on all of our layers, which is where the "provided services" are exposed.  This is ISO speak.   But these are not really user services and to characterize them as such is somewhat confusing and also is outside the charter of SLS in general.

Thanks, Peter