[CESG] CESG review of CCSDS MO M&C Services book

Mario.Merri at esa.int Mario.Merri at esa.int
Fri Feb 10 22:13:08 UTC 2017

Dear Peter,

Sam will proceed as you recommended, i.e. Sam will update the document so
that you can re-re-review it, but only for the showstopper issues.

As done already at the last CESG in Rome, Brigitte and I would like to
voice again our discontent on your approach that repeated also on this
CESG poll. What we had agreed in Rome and agreed by the CMC was:

Scope of conditions prior to Publication (including AD/DAD participation
in Agency Reviews)
- CESG suggests that  AD/DAD minimize their conditions at time of CESG
book publication polls. CESG members have the opportunity to raise
technical issues prior / during Agency Review(s)
- CESG recommends to raise PIDs (Poll Item Discrepancy) at least for
showstopper conditions during polls and identify conditions that are non
showstopper as such.

We believe that your 91 points raised at CESG poll for publication and
your insistence to have the document re-updated (after the already made
update that followed the Agency Review) for your own personal review are
not in line with the above agreement. We repeat once more: your detailed
comments are very welcome, but they must be channelled through the Agency
Review. If this is not done, the already scarce agency resources will be
wasted with work duplication and with frustrated WG members.

In order to speed up the work and respect the agreement in Rome, could you
please generate asap the PIDs for those points that you consider
showstoppers. For those, Sam will provide you with the red-lined version
of the document. Please provide the PIDs by eob 14Feb17 (they should have
been provided at the closure of the CESG poll). We think that this is an
acceptable compromise at this stage. In the future, ideally this should
not happen again and your detailed comment must be raised during the
agency review period.

Regards,

__Mario