[CESG] CCSDS Document Status for: FW: Shall FF-CSTS implement the FOP? / Technical corrigendum option / Just one warning

Shames, Peter M (312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Apr 6 17:26:50 UTC 2017

Hi Tom, et al,

Following your (and Gippo's) suggestions here is my feedback on the document status list.  I have noted some errors for SEA, in particular, which I would request be fixed.  I also took the liberty, apropos the earlier exchange with Gippo, of highlighting all of the documents that are now past their "Reconfirmation Review" dates.

Please note that I'm not suggesting in any way that we should all drop everything and rush off to deal with this, I just did it to highlight the magnitude of the situation vis-à-vis how far away we are from our nominal goal of a five year review cycle.  I did not distinguish Green from Blue / Magenta either and that is clearly a consideration.

I also found what looked like some docs that could usefully be re-assigned to current WG so that they could just be re-confirmed, if that is what was deemed the best approach, or merged in with current work items.  I also noted a bunch of older report (YB) style docs that look like they could be "Silvered".

I'll also point out to Tom that it's a little confusing to track in this table what the real "reconfirmation review" date is when there have been corrigenda applied.  I suggest that the most current reconfirmation review date should be shown for the parent document, but updated to align with the most recent corrigendum.  When we download a document by number we get the latest, with Corrigenda applied, so that's really the relevant date for the document.  It's a twiddle to the table, but a useful one, I think.

Cheers, Peter

PS – apologies for using more than 140 characters.  Just could not help myself.  Sad.