[CESG] Proposed modification to CCSDS time-code format

Barkley, Erik J (3970) erik.j.barkley at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Sep 6 23:07:30 UTC 2016

CESG Colleagues,

Based on the interactions/e-mails from Gippo, Mario, and Peter, attached please find a proposal for update of the timecode blue book. By way of summary, I found that the language, upon close reading, was essentially okay and that it really already allows for fractional seconds to be optional in either timecode A or timecode B and in fact abbreviations/omissions in other respects as well.  I took advantage of the examples offered by Mario as I believe these help to make to illustrate more clearly how the rules of abbreviation can be applied.   I look forward to discussing this at the CESG telecon/webex tomorrow.

Best regards,

-Erik