[CESG] Fw: FSA proposal to CCSDS. Unmanned Spacecraft Flight Safety & Collision Avoidance System

Nestor.Peccia at esa.int Nestor.Peccia at esa.int
Sun Sep 13 20:17:24 UTC 2015

to be discussed in the next webex

----- Forwarded by Nestor Peccia/esoc/ESA on 13/09/2015 22:14 -----

From:   "Баранников Дмитрий Сергеевич" <Mutafyan at tsniimash.ru>
To:     "Nestor.Peccia at esa.int" <Nestor.Peccia at esa.int>,
Cc:     "Afarin,        James (HQ-LS00)" <james.afarin at nasa.gov>,
"dimar at iss-reshetnev.ru" <dimar at iss-reshetnev.ru>, "gourtovaia at gmail.com"
<gourtovaia at gmail.com>, "Гуртовая Марина" <Marina.Gourtovaia at esa.int>,
"Кузовников Александр витальевич (ujub at list.ru)" <ujub at list.ru>,
"В.Заичко/Коняхин А." <opoi at roscosmos.ru>, "Tai,        Wallace S
(wallace.s.tai at jpl.nasa.gov)" <wallace.s.tai at jpl.nasa.gov>,
"Mario.Merri at esa.int" <Mario.Merri at esa.int>
Date:   12/09/2015 11:24
Subject:        FSA proposal to CCSDS. Unmanned Spacecraft Flight Safety &
Collision Avoidance System

Good day, Nestor,

On behalf of FSA, we would like to propose CESG and CMC to consider a new
project, which I told on CMC meeting in Japan. This project concerns the
development of Collision Avoidance System (CAS) and it is proposed that
standards will cover the automatic control over spacecraft orbital motion
in case of expected or detected hazardous proximity for all spacecraft
types. This project becomes actual at present time and especially at
closest future in conditions of space debris increasing  on the orbits.
We hope that this project will be interesting for all agencies
participating in CCSDS.
And we would be very glad to present it more detailed to CCSDS on WG
meeting on Darmstadt.

I enclose a prepared Concept Paper and Presentation of this project.

We will wait for the answer with impatience,

Best regards,
Dmitry S. Barannikov,
Head of Department ?International Standards?,
The Secretary of the Russian delegation in CCSDS and ISO TC20/SC13.