[CESG] Notes of CESG webex on 24th Sept 2015

Barkley, Erik J (3970) erik.j.barkley at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Oct 21 00:05:08 UTC 2015


In the notes is this item:

"*           Next CESG webex during week 19th - 23rd October 2015
Next webex on 21st October 2015 at 5 pm CET"

FYI, I do not see an invitation for this in my inbox and/or on my calendar.



From: cesg-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org [mailto:cesg-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org] On Behalf Of Nestor.Peccia at esa.int
Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2015 9:59 AM
To: cesg at mailman.ccsds.org
Subject: [CESG] Notes of CESG webex on 24th Sept 2015

Dear all,
Please find attached the draft notes. Please comments at the latest b7y 30th Sept cob


  *   Logistics for Technical meeting in Darmstadtium
Everything setup with Darmstadtium.
Reach social Programme

     *   CCSDS non host Dinner at Sitte Restaurant on Wednesday 11th Nov, 7 pm

     *   CESG non hiost dinner at Regentenstube on Friday 13th Nov at 7:30 pm

     *   CCSDS not host wine probe and dinner buffet at ESOC on Monday 16th Nov 2015, 7 pm

     *   CCSDS non host dinner at Brautstuebl brewery restaurant in Darmstadt on Tuesday 17th Nov 2015, 7 pm
ESA is looking at some tours during the week-end (Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Black Forest, Starssbourg- Colmar, etc.)
Room draft schedule received. No final version issued. NP to check with Nick.
Need of telephones: Secretariat speakers can be connected to the desktop audio. ADs to send requests to Nick
Registration will open soon. NP to check with Nick.
Need of cross area meetings: CSS has done arrangements, MOIMS-SOIS mtg to be organized, SIS no area cross meeting, SEA Sys Arch -MOIMS-SOIS cross area meeting

  *   Actions status
Peter Shames was requested to draft a formal memorandum from CCSDS to ISO/TC 20/SC14 (Space
Systems and Operations) to describe the coordination needed on RASDS. Ensure that SC13 is referenced in the draft memorandum.
Action: Peter Shames
Due Date: Fall 2015 CMC Meeting
Status: Open

After the prior action (CMC-A-2014-11-10), the CESG Chair was instructed to notify the WG chairs
to update the charters and projects, including the draft projects.
Action: CESG Chair
Due Date: 31 July 2015 (formerly 15 January 2015 then Spring 2015 CMC Meeting)
Status: Open   (to be closed 1st October 2015)

The CESG was instructed to update the information in the Strategic Plan after the spring meeting and
review this information between14 September - 12 October 2015. Area Directors will submit to the CESG Chair any changes to the top level content and the CESG Chair will then submit them to the CMC for approval.
Action: CESG
Due Date: 12 October 2015
Status: Open   (to be closed 1st October 2015)

CMC-A-2015-05-07 The Telerobotics Working Group was instructed to provide regular updates of its current activities
(providing sufficient details on the projects) to the IOAG Liaison (CESG Chair) so that CCSDS
activities and IOAG interests in this area are coordinated/synchronized.
Action: Telerobotics Working Group
Due Date: 30 June 2015 (for first update); e-mail of 7/13/2015 indicate no progress due to WG chair
overload - extend due date to after September (fiscal year) 2015?
Status: Open                   Mario distributed a note. To be closed
  *   Document queue status
  *   Polls with conditions not yet resolved ?
The polls with outstanding conditions are:

     *   NAV PRM RB David Berry has just issued responses to CESG conditions

     *   SOIS Dictionary of Terms to be changed from BB to MB. It was changed yesterday. CMC poll will be issued for Project approval

     *   Creation of the SEA Architecture WG. NP to check with Brian

     *   Nomination of MOIMS PS WG Cahirs, Poll to be issued.
  *   Update of on-line Strategic Plan / charters / Approved-Draft Projects
CSS and SLS Areas completed their updates. SEA, MOIMS, SOIS and SIS to do it by 30th Sept 2015. CESG Chair will ask to strt the CMC review on 1st Oct 2015
  *   Project Resource Table
12 Prototype 2 resources are missing
1 DAI (2016) but DEDSL probably will be OB
4 NAV (2017)
4 SM&C (2016/2017)
1 TEL (2016)
1 SDLS (2017)    Agreement from ESA / CNES to implement prototype 1 and 2
1 DTN (2018) Bundle Security Protocol
  *   CWE Projects behind schedule
MOIMS SM&C        3 Projects
CSS CSTS WG         1 Project
SLS SLP WG        1 Project
SIS Voice WG        1 Project
  *   ICPA
IOAG is reviewing its Catalogue 1 and 2.(larger IOAG WG). Due date by Q2 2016
MOSSG is planning to issue a Catalogue 3 by Q2 2016.
MOSSG will meet at ESOC on 5th/6th Nov prior to Technical meeting at Darmstadtium and will join SM&C on Monday 9th Nov pm
IOAG need dates by 31st Dec 2015

     *   Monitored Data - Cross Support Transfer Services. MdG believes that the milestone can be met

     *   Space Data Link Security Protocol. CMC poll expires this week
IOAG need dates by 31st Dec 2016

     *   SM Transfer File Service. Erik to check but the current end date is Jan 2017

     *   CSTS Offline Radio Metric Service. No longer needed. It can be achieved with TDM and generic file transfer.
IOAG need date during 2017

     *   Space Data Link Security (SDLS) protocol : extended procedures (30th June 2017). Milestone to be discussed during November meeting.

     *   Bundle Security Protocol for CCSDS (BSP) (End 2017). Action on IOAG to delay the need date.
  *   Brief cross-area discussions of the registry re-engineering and SCID registry issues.

     *   Allocation of doc "CCSDS 320.0-B-6 CCSDS Global Spacecraft Identification Field Code Assignment Control Procedure" (CMC, SEA, SLS ?)

        *   CCSDS 313.1-Y-0, CCSDS SANA Registry Management Policy is with the Secretariat  and once finished a CESG poll will be issued

        *   Overall SANA Operations YB : Minor edits are being done by Peter Shames

        *   CCSDS 320.0-B-6 CCSDS Global Spacecraft Identification Field Code Assignment Control Procedure. To be updated and may be recasted as MB
A 2 phase approach

        *   update of the 2 YBs, recast of BB to MB with small comments
        *   full update of MB with frequency bands, etc.
  *   Proc & Org YB modifications for selection of WG Chairs
1.We need a step by step procedure for a new WG
a.        BOF may propose WG chair candidates. It is assumed that Agencies having interest in the subject are actively participating to the BOF.
b.        AD asks for sake of fairness the CMC if they have additional candidates and potential resources
c.        AD decides the nominees and proposes this in a CESG poll
2.To replace Chair or Deputy Chair in an existing WG
1 b applies
PS to propose an update to the YB

  *   Next CESG webex during week 19th - 23rd October 2015
Next webex on 21st October 2015 at 5 pm CET
Discussion points
     *   Resources from CMC
     *   Russian Proposal
  *   AOB
WIR WG has JAXA support

This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee or addressees only.

The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either in whole or in part) of its

content is not permitted.

If you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system.

Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed by the sender.

Please consider the environment before printing this email.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.ccsds.org/pipermail/cesg/attachments/20151021/3eae3351/attachment.html>

More information about the CESG mailing list