[CESG] Re: SEA SAWG CESG Issues 20Oct15+GPC-v1.xlsx

Shames, Peter M (312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Nov 16 13:49:52 UTC 2015

Gippo,

This is what I have in my notes from yesterday as well, with one significant difference.

SEA does not agree with limiting the item 2b to just leveling the CCSDS Glossary.  We believe that what is needed is to develop an ontology approach, which includes both the clarification of the terms and also the accurate description of the relationships among terms.  This was stated clearly during discussion yesterday and there was no rebuttal, so I take that as agreed.

I will also note that at this point it appears that there are only allocated resources for the CCSDS Reference Architecture, and it is not clear if there is even an allocation that is meaningful beyond the initial set of “cartoons”.  Clarifications of this are required, but I assume that will occur during CMC approval.

Regards, Peter