[CESG] RE: Follow up re CMC-A-2015-05-04

Barkley, Erik J (3970) erik.j.barkley at jpl.nasa.gov
Sat Jun 6 00:38:22 UTC 2015

Nestor,

I had a chat with Wallace today, and my understanding is that the action item, although somewhat awkwardly phrased, is really the CMC just asking to limit the scope of forward and return file to be simply an injection into and extraction from CFDP.  This was already understood to be one of the use cases so that is okay.  I’m also okay considering a smaller scoped activity as that will, of course, mean less resource commitment, less to develop and potentially prototype (it seems like something like this would probably need to be prototyped – but that is not really for discussion here).

Do you agree with this?  If so, I think we can close the action as agreeing to limit the scope to interfacing with CFDP.

Best regards,

-Erik