[CESG] Re: [Cesg-all] Too many CESG emails (was CFDPv1 status update)

Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
Wed Jul 22 07:57:32 UTC 2015

I do concur with Mario analysis (and I avoided spreading my reply also to
the SESG-ALL lis :o) and for discussion at next CESG Webex.
The problem rises from the fact that sometimes replies also include
additional cc's and sometimes this extra cc's are other WG's mailing
lists.

So the first rule of should be avoiding the reply with additional cc's;
i.e. if anybody in the CESG-ALL mailing list (only chairs in principle)
consider the topic relevant for discussion in the WG, then (s)he should
rather forward the mail and then report back only the conclusions. Of
course this depends on personal behavior and cannot be prevented
automatically but relies on auto discipline.

The second rule could be implemented by CCSDS Tech Support by setting the
CESG-ALL mailing list to reject mails from non members.
As I think that the flood of mails mentioned by Mario did also include
mails from non member (i.e. non chairpersons) I fear this setting is not
implemented.

Best regards

Gian Paolo