[CESG] Re: [Cesg-all] Wiki forum Approach

Margherita.di.Giulio at esa.int Margherita.di.Giulio at esa.int
Tue Feb 24 13:11:58 UTC 2015

Dear Nestor,

I agree with the concerns expressed by some WG chairs. There are various
problems associated with the creation of the wiki:
- it will end up duplicating what's already available in CCSDS  books, and
in other kind of information available on  CWE
- it will require effort to keep it aligned to the evolving  material of
CCSDS,  therefore the wiki will soon start being out of synch.
- having a  properly maintained wiki requires manpower. In times of
resource restrictions by all Agencies I can  hardly figure out that such
resources would be made available.  This holds in particular for the
customer support tool .
- the information provided in the wiki, being maintained by different
people (or different WGs) , will soon start having different levels of
quality and depth, So, if the idea of the wiki gets through,  there should
be a singe entity maintaining the wiki. For some kind of info (e.g. new
releases of published documents) the "maintainer" shall do the relevant
updates , for other kind of info he/she shall get in contact  with the WGs
(chair or appointed person) and requests  well-defined set(s) of inputs,.

Kind regard,
Margherita