[CESG] URGENT: Webex on 3rd Feb 2015

Nestor.Peccia at esa.int Nestor.Peccia at esa.int
Mon Feb 2 08:48:04 UTC 2015

Dear all,

I have tomorrow a meeting with all the ESA Member States delegates on
European Technology Harmonisation. I had a slot from 14:00 to 15:00 hrs
(CET). but the organizer has changed it and I am now from 17:30 until
19:00 hrs.

Can we start the webex at 16:30 hrs (CET), 10:30 hrs (EST), 07:30 hrs
(PST) ? Please see below the change of ESA webex telephone approach (now
only via national numbers or your computer audio feature)

The initial agenda was:
Outstanding Overlap
Cloud based interoperability Test Bed (KS to prepare a draft in advance)
Expert Groups in Areas?
Use of a consistent resource unit, when updating resource estimates
+ Erik's suggestion:
Multi-recommendation registries.  We have begun to see the emergence of
similar information in multiple recommendations and I believe the answer
is not in any one area but must be something coordinated via CESG and/or
SE Area.  Examples include such pieces of meta data as ?originator? (both
NDM and service management), station and antenna identifiers, etc. Perhaps
this involves and update of the MACAO procedures but I think there also
needs to be more cognizance at CCSDS level before it becomes a matter of
member agency inputs.

As I did not have time to prepare the overlap topic (it will be the main
item of discussion in our next webex + Draft Projects), I suggest the
following draft agenda

Draft Projects with modifiable, non mandatory dates in CWE : Status
Use of the term Expert Groups in Areas and project development?
Use of a consistent resource unit, when updating resource estimates
Multi-recommendation registries.  We have begun to see the emergence of
similar information in multiple recommendations and I believe the answer
is not in any one area but must be something coordinated via CESG and/or
SE Area.  Examples include such pieces of meta data as ?originator? (both
NDM and service management), station and antenna identifiers, etc. Perhaps
this involves and update of the MACAO procedures but I think there also
needs to be more cognizance at CCSDS level before it becomes a matter of
member agency inputs.
Cloud based interoperability Test Bed (KS to prepare a draft in advance).
To be dropped if Keith does not send anything in advanced.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Due to cost reasons ESA will only allow to connect to webex either by
using national numbers or your computer audio feature.
SUMMARY
As part of continuing cost reduction measures, from 13/01/2015, the Webex
Callback feature and the Toll free numbers will be removed.  From
13/01/2015, you will therefore have to dial in to a Webex conference.

Calling in to Webex via national numbers or via your computer is
considerably more cost efficient than using the Webex Call-back
functionality and the toll-free numbers. For instance, one minute of
call-back can cost as much as 8 Euro-Cents per minute, whereas dialling-in
to a national number will cost the Agency a maximum of 3 Cents per minute.
Using your computer?s audio will be even free of charge.

In order to join a Webex conference, either dial in via telephone to the
national number as published here
http://cisco.com/en/US/about/doing_business/conferencing/index.html or use
the audio and voice capability of your computer. The list of national
dial-in numbers can also be accessed via the Webex pop-up window when you
join a meeting.