[CESG] RE: Results of CESG Polls closing 14 August 2015

Barkley, Erik J (3970) erik.j.barkley at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Aug 25 00:00:34 UTC 2015

David,

As promised, here is some text that was worked out in the CSSM WG re schedule of services for concerns similar to those you have re the registry considerations.

Re condition 2, Organization:

The values for orginatingOrganization  (see Table 3‑2) shall be those listed in the “Name” field of the  CCSDS Organizations registry.
This recommendation shall add an attribute of  “serviceProvider” which shall be composed of enumerated values.  A “null” value shall be the first ordinal value of the list.  “SchedulePublisher” shall be added to this enumerated list in whatever order is best determined by SANA engineering. All values that exist in this registry prior to the original (first) publication date of this recommendation shall have effectively  null value assigned for this attribute.

The procedure to follow for adding new values to this registry shall be that defined in [5].  An approved entry shall have one additional step to this procedure: the “serviceProvider” attribute shall be set the enumerated value of “SchedulePublisher”.
The CCSDS Organizations registry can be found at the following URL: http://sanaregistry.org/r/organizations/organizations.html

Reference 5 is the SFDU Control Authority Book, CCSDS 630.0-B-2.    I believe the SE Area is working to get the B-2 version published which will be in-line with the revised SANA registry policy.

Re condition 3,  the CSSM WG put this together.   Having refreshed my memory I think this is a lot like what you suggested earlier as the approach to resolve the condition.

Requests to add assignments to the Sites and Apertures registry shall be submitted to SANA and shall come from a member Agency, or an observer Agency, or a CCSDS Associate, or an industry partner supported by a member Agency, via the Agency Head of Delegation or duly appointed representative. After evaluation of the request and approval by the SANA Steering Group,  the new values will be allocated and added to the appropriate registry.

Please let me know if you think this will help to resolve these two conditions.

Best regards,

-Erik