[CESG] Fw: Software repository

Nestor.Peccia at esa.int Nestor.Peccia at esa.int
Sat Apr 5 04:12:43 EST 2014

fyi
IMike has a point
CESG notes to be updated accordingly

----- Forwarded by Nestor Peccia/esoc/ESA on 05/04/2014 11:12 -----

From:   "Kearney, Mike W. (MSFC-EO01)" <mike.kearney at nasa.gov>
To:     "Nestor.Peccia at esa.int" <Nestor.Peccia at esa.int>,
Date:   04/04/2014 19:23
Subject:        Software repository

Nestor and Mario:  I saw this in your CESG notes:
·         Feasibility of Open Source SW Repository within CCSDS
SANA can create the necessary registries to define the available OSS and
to point where it can be download. SANA YB gives the guideline to create
the registry.
NP will ask MM to initiate the SANA registry for the MAL SW OSS and
coordinate with Peter Shames.

Do you guys not know about the implementations page?
http://public.ccsds.org/implementations/software.aspx

If you put downloadable software links on SANA, then it will be on three
pages? SANA, this page, and the Wiki.  I prefer to keep SANA to be a more
pure counterpart to IANA, for real operational data, not for every list of
anything we can think of.  I recommend that the links to download software
go on the implementations page, or the Wiki (after we see how the Wiki
shapes up), but not both, and not three locations.

   -=- Mike

Mike Kearney
Lead Technology Manager
Mission Operations Laboratory