[CESG] Can we put a quick discussion of the SSI Architecture Document on the agenda for the telecon?

Shames, Peter M (312G) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Oct 7 14:56:15 EDT 2013

Just for clarification.  My proposal is to acknowledge that that there are significant changes and developments required in both the SSI / networking layer and in the link layer services and their integrations into the space communications service providers.   What is required is a period for defining and deploying new CSTS forward frame protocols and also new networking protocols,.  This approach also recognizes  that transitioning from missions doing their own thing using existing space link services, to missions getting updated space link and internetworking services from the service providers is a more significant, and more natural, boundary between Stage 1 and Stage 2 than just changes in SSI (network layer) protocol automation.

Regards, Peter