[CESG] Projects for CFDP Blue Book / was: Draft CFDP Pink Sheet supporting an optional 'finished' PDU in class-1

Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
Mon Jul 22 09:43:12 EDT 2013

Keith,
        let me understand the situation.

1) The latest version of the CFDP Blue Book is Issue 4 dated January 2007
(see http://public.ccsds.org/publications/archive/727x0b4.pdf )
2) SIS-DTN is currently running a project titled "CFDP-over-BP Pink Sheet"
for producing Issue 5 of the  CFDP Blue Book.
See http://cwe.ccsds.org/fm/Lists/Projects/DispForm.aspx?ID=199
This project is supposed to finish the work in August 2014.
3) It is proposed to create (resurrect) a SIS-CFDP WG to "accomplish the
mandated 5-year reconfirmation review of the CCSDS File Delivery Protocol
(CFDP) Blue Book"; i.e. to work on  CFDP Blue Book Issue 4.
4) The SIS-CFDP has currently no linked/proposed CWE Project so it is not
possible to know when it will start work and will it will finish it (e.g.
in parallel with SIS-DTN or after SIS-DTN issues CFDO #5?). ==> A CWE
project linked to SIS-CFDP shall be created also to allow CMC to approve
relevant resource needs.

It appears to me that with this situation we have a chance of having two
WGs working on the same issue of the book (i.e. issue 4) unless SIS-CFDP
will wait for Issue 5 being finalized bu SIS-DTN.

Sorry, but I am just puzzled.
Can you shed some more light?

Gian Paolo
This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee or addressees only. The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either in whole or in part) of its content is not permitted. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed by the sender.