[CESG] Fw: Meeting between CCSDS and OGC at the forthcoming OGC Technical committee meeting hosted in ESRIN, Frascati in the week of 23 September 2013

Shames, Peter M (313B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Jan 31 14:19:28 EST 2013

Thanks Nestor.  I'll share it around here and see what sort of response we get from the NASA data archive community.

Peter

From: Nestor Peccia <Nestor.Peccia at esa.int<mailto:Nestor.Peccia at esa.int>>
Date: Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:24 AM
To: Peter Shames <peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov>>
Cc: CCSDS Engineering Steering Group - CESG Exec <cesg at mailman.ccsds.org<mailto:cesg at mailman.ccsds.org>>, Mike Kearney <Mike.Kearney at nasa.gov<mailto:Mike.Kearney at nasa.gov>>
Subject: Re: [CESG] Fw: Meeting between CCSDS and OGC at the forthcoming OGC Technical committee meeting hosted in ESRIN, Frascati in the week of 23 September 2013

Peter

After my ESA colleagues at ESRIN briefed me

  *   about the standards they are working on (OAIS based archives, something similar to XFDU, something similar to PAIS, information model, web-sensors, web-semantics, metadata defintions, etc, etc.)
  *   that next meeting is at ESRIN in September

I proposed:to get together and present each organization strategy, roadmap, current workplan, etc. I prefered not to mention overlaps, alignments because I believe it is too premature.

ESRIN OGC members were keen to contact the OGC chairs to kick-off the discussion (1st mail) and I responded offering the CCSDS presentation (2nd mail)

I would also like that somebody from the NASA team participates.

ciao
nestor

This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee or addressees only. The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either in whole or in part) of its content is not permitted. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed by the sender.