[CESG] Agenda item for next CESG Telecon

Barkley, Erik J (3970) erik.j.barkley at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Aug 15 21:13:41 EDT 2013

Nestor,

I propose adding an  item to the agenda for the next CESG midterm teleconference. I think CCSDS would be well served by a periodic examination of potential overlap issues and a check that we understand the overall CCSDS architecture. An example of this kind of issue is, as you may recall, is the RASIG closeout which had a number of items recorded as "closure pending".  It may be that there is currently no action required in this regard, but the general concern is that we don't have a practice at the CESG level to check for these things periodically. If you agree to put this on the agenda I can prepare a slide or two for discussion. I don't think we need to spend more than 10 minutes on this at the teleconference and we can subsequently decide if we want further discussion at the San Antonio CESG meeting.  Please let me know your comments and thoughts on the matter. Thank you.

Best regards,

-Erik