[CESG] RASIM Green book question

Hooke, Adrian J (9000) adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Nov 20 17:01:41 EST 2012

Folks: before we all get too carried away, we need to remember that this working group and its program of work has already been very firmly shut down by the CMC for lack of resources. Has something changed? Are we suddenly flush with new cash? If so, where did it come from and who has it?

If we don't have new and adequate resources, we should not be discussing the resurrection of this work. If we do, then we need to start off at the BOF stage and charter a new working group. But backing into this in the way that seems to be being proposed below seems imprudent. If you guys want to go ahead and vote on whether or not to publish the Green Book just to document past work - without any reviews - that's one thing. But if you want to use that opportunity as a launch pad for surreptitiously re-starting the working group then that's a different kettle of fish. If anything, the resource situation seems to be getting worse: so why are you even entertaining this?

Best regards
Adrian