[CESG] Revised EFCTLU draft Orange Book

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Tue Jun 5 09:26:51 EDT 2012

Gian Paolo,

Thank you for the review (re-review?) of the revised Orange Book. I'm
very pleased that I have been able to satisfy almost all of your
concerns. In response to your major concern (the name PLOP-3),  I am
certainly open to a name that is not "PLOP-X" if it can still be listed
as a PLOP-in-Effect. Since the majority of the functions associated with
"PLOP-3" are the TM sync and channel coding functions as applied to AOS
on the forward link, I propose AOS Synchronization [and] Coding
Procedure (ASCP) or Forward ASCP (FASCP). Please let me know if you find
either of these acceptable and your preference (if you have one).

As soon as I get some level of concurrence on the new name (where lack
of objection counts as concurrence) I will replace the terms throughout
the document and resubmit it through Erik, the cognizant AD.

Please see my responses to your individual comments in bold green below.

Best regards,

John