[CESG] Making WG chairs aware of CESG Polls

Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
Tue Feb 14 08:12:53 EST 2012

Adrian,
        let me first say that I agree on the fact it would be good to
allow WG Chairs to know about new CESG Polls and to be able to monitor the
poll status (*). At lest would save AD/DAD work in forwarding :o). However
I fail understanding why "CDM work lost a couple of weeks" for the reasons
you mention.

Any WG Chair is (should be) aware that between the time they drop the WG
consolidated copy for review and the time the Agency review start (at
least) the following steps shall be accomplished:
Area AD/DAD check and issue of Area Resolution
Editorial processing by Secretariat
CESG Poll
Implementation of changes required by CESG Poll (if any)
CMC Poll
Implementation of changes required by CMC Poll (if any)
Start of Agency review

With all this taking from 4 weeks onward. I can also agree that this
somehow idling time for the WG, but what's the alternative?

Am I missing anything?

Regards

Gian Paolo

(*) The same could be said for CESG Members wrt CMC Polls and - at extreme
- for WG Chairs about CMC Polls.

From:
"Hooke, Adrian J (9000)" <adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov>
To: