[CESG] ESA comments on the CESG Reprt to CMC

Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
Tue Dec 11 03:59:38 EST 2012

Adrian, Nestor,
        with respect to some ESA comments below see also my proposed
comment.

 #7     Chart #28 Security WG: last bullet indicates a good example of
collaboration between two WGs in different areas, however the precise
result of such a cooperation is not explained clearly.
The bullet says "Good joint progress on Space Data Link Layer Security WG,
produced by SecWG members, reported in SLS"
The cooperation is achieved through a Working Group composed mainly by
members of the SEA Security WG but adequately integrated by participation
and contribution by SLS Area experts with the result that a Space Data
Link Security protocol (SDLS) has been designed by that WG and it is
achieving full integration into the "traditional"  Space Link Protocols
that are part of SLS Area domain.

#15     Chart #85 SLS Area Report: problems and issues reported should be
discussed
This chart is limited to issues in the SDLS WG. I am available today
Tuesday 11 December in the European afternoon to participate. I do not
know whether Gilles will be able to attend too.

#16     Charts #87: clarification of the last 2 bullets; difference
between PCOM and PLACOM? Is the recommendation to create a WG for
producing a green book, but not yet a BB? Please clarify.
PCOM and PLACONM are the same.
YES, if the BOF will recommend a WG, the work will be limited to a Green
Book to report about the accumulated large amount of data for planetary
communications/navigation; i.e. to avoid wasting material and discussions
results.

#17     Chart #88 SLS Area Report: the CMC position on Optical Coding &
Modulation standardisation is to be discussed
Fully agreed.
Also for SLS Area AD+DAD there are points to be clarified as the OLSG has
not provided any official input to SLS Area yet.
In this respect you can see my reply to the brief input provided by Bernie
Edwards.

That's all

Best regards

Gian Paolo