[CESG] RE: MORE COMMENTS on Document Review System ? Coordinator page in your Cleveland presentation (but not only)

Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
Tue Dec 4 13:18:43 EST 2012

Mike,
        no apologies needed.
I will try to go in order.

It looks OK changing ?Status? to ?Disposition?  and changing ?Disposition?
to say ?Rationale for Disposition?.
However I think there a couple of remarks for the values allowed for
?Disposition?  wrt to which coordinator is doing that.

Therefore I would distinguish the ?Disposition? settings allowed to each
coordinator e.g.
a) WG Coordinator should be the only one allowed to set APPROVE / APPROVE
WITH MODIFICATIONS
b) Agency Coordinator should be the only one allowed to set FORWARDED TO
CCSDS
c) Center  Coordinator should be the only one allowed to set FORWARDED TO
AGENCY
d) All  Coordinators should be the only ones allowed to set RETURN TO
ORIGINATOR (i.e. go back to original author)
e) All  Coordinators should be allowed to set  REJECTED
f) All  Coordinators should be allowed to set  WITHDRAWN
g)  Agency+ Center Coordinators should be allowed to set  MODIFIED AND
FORWARDED TO CCSDS/MODIFIED AND FORWARDED TO AGENCY
h) All  Coordinators should be allowed to set  TO BE RECONDITIONED

I would insist on having also option g to allow minor editing to be
possible without triggering a ping-pong with the author, but informing the
author about the changes.
Note that during a real WG review may not be time for RID bouncing and
then the straight editing may be a useful alternative.

For option h I think that "NOT YET REVIEWED should be a starting state
when a RID arrives to be distinguished from a RID switching from an
approved/rejected status back into a not yet decided status (you may find
something better than TO BE RECONDITIONED or TO BE REDISCUSSED :o) .

For the term ?International Coordinator? opposite to ?WG Chair
Coordinator? or "CCSDS Coordinator" I do not have particular problems.

OK for your way of handling attached files. Attaching files is essential
for e.g. drawings, etc.

Opposite to you,  we do see benefit in holding back? RIDs until a given
later date to allow proper consolidation within a given Agency also for
proper processing at next level.
As well the possibility for a "SEND ALL" option is very important e.g. in
cases where there several RIDs. Clicking individually 200 RIDs can be a
nightmare!

For the Agency Review Coordinator is OK getting it set by Secretariat , on
request from the agency members in the CESG or CMC.
However I would make clear that there could be more than one Agency Review
Coordinator at a given time; e.g. assume you have under review a book from
SLS and one from MOIMS, then I could be the ESA coordinator the the SLS
Book and Mario could be the ESA coordinator for the MOIMS book.

Creating an HTML report (eventually printable as pdf :o) looks
satisfactory.

I hope we are converging.

Best regards

Gian Paolo